Have you started using Facebook ads to try and attract new dental patients? Yes? No? Maybe?
We get it! There’s not enough time in a day and you’re busy running your practice full-time and don’t have the time to develop Facebook ad campaigns.
Still, you and I, both know that everyone is actively on Facebook. Facebook marketing is sort of a new trend for dentists and healthcare providers. You know that you need to adapt and do it, otherwise you risk losing new patients to your competitors. So what’s the answer?
Facebook ads. Most of us have a personal Facebook page and everyone we know is on it so it doesn’t need much of an introduction. But did you know that Facebook is nearly an untapped resource for dentists looking to drive new patient growth? The next time you’re on Facebook, try looking for a sponsored ad by your competitors. Chances are, they probably aren’t using Facebook to advertise.
So let’s get to the Facebook breakdown…
How Dentists Can Get More Patients with Facebook Advertising.
Well, #1 is no brainer!
1. Make sure your practice has its own Facebook business page. Make sure you use your logo and your branding is consistent. Complete all the necessary sections that will give a new patient a good understanding of your practice and the services you provide. Be sure to list your address and phone number that way patients can easily contact your office or check-in to share their location with their Facebook friends.
Don’t be the boring dentist who only shares self-promoting reviews. Talk about boring…ZZZzzz. No one wants to read the same positively “filtered” reviews every day.
2. Facebook is the best and easiest place to engage with your patients. Create a regular posting schedule, share valuable information, ask questions, get their opinions, hold fun little contests and make sure to reply or answer any question that may get posted.
Reach the LARGEST online audience right at your fingertips with Facebook ads!
3. Specifically, target new patients you haven’t been able to reach before with Facebook ads. Unlike traditional print ads where your ad is thrown out to the masses, Facebook ads can be very affordable and be directed to the exact patients you want to attract. The more specific you are, the better the results.
So let’s break down a typical Facebook ad.
1. Business Page Name. Your dental page/practice’s name is clearly displayed for all to see.
2. Ad Text. This is where you place your compelling copy that will be displayed above your image.
3. Image. This is the most important part of your ad, as this is what will catch a new dental patient’s attention so invest in professional photos or purchase stock photos. Make sure your image is the proper size for the ad type and placement you are using so it doesn’t get rejected or display poorly. Go over the Facebook Ad Guidelines for specific details.
4. Headline. We can call this your USP (Unique Selling Proposition/Point). This text needs to be simple, clear and to the point, such as the above “A New Perspective On Children’s Dental Care”, “Free Tooth Whitening Kit” or “New Patients get $100 Off First Visit”.
5. Call To Action. Facebook gives you a variety of Call To Action (CTAs) options and you should use the one which best fits your ad strategy. If you want to drive traffic to your website then use “Learn More”. If your goal is to set up appointments like the example above then use “Book Now” or “Contact Us”.
When thinking about using Facebook ads just remember that Facebook collects an overwhelming amount of information about each person who has an active account. This information includes their interests, behaviors, demographics and their subcategories. Facebook ads allow you to utilize this information to target ads directly to specific groups of people.
There you go, there you have it, the Facebook ad breakdown and how they can help you attract more patients. Not only can Facebook ads grow your new patient base, but it’s also a great way to build brand awareness and stay top minded.
Have any questions on how to get more patients with Facebook or need any assistance managing your dental Facebook ads or SEO strategy? We’re here to help. Contact us if you would like to learn more about how Facebook ads and SEO can help your practice grow.
At Beyond Marketing Solutions LLC, we specialize in internet marketing management for local dentists and healthcare service providers. We take on the heavy lifting and responsibilities of internet marketing on your behalf, giving you more time to truly focus on your practice and patients. We promise to give you a peace of mind while assisting you with the growth of your practice.